For GEA Live we are on the lookout for an experienced Operations Manager. GEALive is a boutique company in Amsterdam that specialises in developing and producing large-scale live entertainment concepts. Their tours take place in concert halls, theatres and large arenas around the world with a focus on Europe, United Kingdom, North-America and Australia.
GEA Live has collaborated with some of the largest names on the planet. Collaborations included the tours of legendary film composer Ennio Morricone, Giorgio Moroder, James Newton Howard and an orchestra tour of Elvis in Concert hosted by Priscilla Presley.
Current and upcoming tours include a USA tour of Dirty Dancing in Concert, Johnny Cash’ Concert Experience and an in-concert version of the Netflix natural history documentary series Our Planet.
About the job:
In this role you will be responsible for the internal and external operations of GEA Live. Besides managing internal operations, you keep the overview of the live entertainment concepts produced by the company. This is an influential role at a growing company for an experienced candidate who has hands-on experience with international tour planning, project management and operations. In this role you will be reporting to the Financial Director and the Managing Director.
As the Operations Manager:
- You will lead projects on a day to day basis and be in charge of the operational side of GEA Live’s live entertainment productions
- You will define and develop scope & deliverables between GEA and partners
- You will be responsible for day to day communications and alignment with the internal team and external stakeholders on project advancement
- You will manage and optimise the operations of GEA Live’s team on a day to day basis, coordinating and liaising between the team divisions (booking, marketing/sales, project management, project administration)
- You will keep track of deadlines and (commercial) targets for project delivery (creative, production, marketing, booking)
- You oversee outsourced production services and operations for the North-American tours organised by GEA Live
- You will be budget responsible for all operations
- You report on and settle projects on operations with external stakeholders
- You negotiate and conclude agreements with major project vendors (such as sound, light, video, trucking, etc.)
- You have senior level experience in operations and project management execution of large-scale events and entertainment touring properties. Ideally, you have a proven track-record in a similar position for an entertainment company
- You have previous experience with managing budgets for large-scale projects
- You are a people’s person and possess outstanding communicative, leadership and presentation skills
- You demonstrate the ability to take direction and prioritise while juggling multiple projects at nee in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- You’re proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- You possess excellent relationship-building and influence skills. You’re personable and trustworthy
- You’re a self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the tasks before them
- You understand the culture that comes with the entertainment industries and possess a ‘fun’, friendly and professional demeanor
- You’re fluent in English (Dutch is not mandatory)
- You’re available full-time and available on-site in the Amsterdam office for at least 4 days per week (1 day home office)
- You’re proficient in excel, powerpoint, word and google apps for business
This is a highly influential role at a boutique company that generates maximum impact and delivers unforgettable live-entertainment experiences to hundreds of thousands of people a year. This is an opportunity to work with the World’s largest music companies and film studios and their most prestigious IP’s and franchises.
What the company offers:
Besides competitive primary conditions, consisting of a good primary salary, the company offers a dynamic working environment in a small international team (7 people) of experienced professionals. You will perform a leading position and get the chance to be involved with a company that stimulates ownership of the job and independent decision taking. The work space allows you to express and to develop yourself and take credit for your talents and achievements.
Nice perks are that you will get access to all events organised by GEALive and many third party live events.
Do you want to join GEA Live’s team as their new Operations Manager? Apply via the link above!
Research shows that while some candidates feel confident enough to apply when they meet +/- 60% of the requirements, other candidates only apply when they almost tick every box. So if this role feels like the right match, but you’re not sure about the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.