For Believe Music’s office in Berlin we are looking for an experienced A&R Manager. Believe is the world’s leading company in digital music distribution.
“Believe stands for passion – passion for music, passion for technology, and for digital marketing. This passion connects over 1,700 talents in more than 45 countries around the world. Our visions and our desire to innovate, change, and improve drive us and make us the world’s leading company in digital music distribution. Believe is a team of experts for whom the transformation of the music industry is an adventure; an exciting and promising adventure for each individual to shape this transformation. And last but not least, Believe is a success story that began in 2005, and one that we must continue to tell… with you! Believe’s mission is to accompany artists and labels optimally in every stage of their development and career: in all markets of the world. With respect, expertise, fairness, and transparency.”
As an A&R Manager:
- You identify songs and artists with great potential for Believe’s roster
- You are familiar with relevant trends and have a love for current pop culture
- You observe and analyze the market based on the data available to you and maintain a talent pool as well as relevant data of promising artists
- Within the music industry, you maintain reliable and professional business relationships with artists and business partners and constantly expand your network
- You conduct negotiations in a goal-oriented, sovereign, and fair manner
- You make your decisions based on reliable data sources and revenue forecasts created by you
- You are familiar with the key drivers of artists’ careers and advocate for the positive development of our artists
- You possess several years of professional experience in a comparable position
- You have a deep understanding of the German music market and its genres, as well as a strong interest in relevant trends and music
- You have a positive, authentic, and reliable personality
- You have a strong network within the German music industry
- You have a successful track record in negotiating contracts
- You’re fluent in German and English for negotiations with stakeholders
- You possess the ability to focus strongly on your goals and prioritize
What the company offers:
- Work-Life Balance: Flexibly shape your working hours and benefit from an adaptable working model, including office and remote work. Additionally, you will receive 30 vacation days and can request an additional 4 weeks of workation per year
- Social Engagement: Believe accepts you as you are: they advocate for fair and tolerant cooperation within the company, as well as for an ecologically and socially sustainable society
- Togetherness: Believe places great value on open cooperation and combine good work with fun. Our daily interaction is based on our values: Respect, Fairness, and Transparency
- Development Opportunities: Through exciting tasks and ample room for creativity, diverse and long-term development and career perspectives in a growing and international company await you
- Health in the Workplace: Your physical and mental health is important to us. In addition to the opportunity to engage in various sports with the discounted Urban Sports membership, they offer private online and on-site sessions with professional psychologists
- Team Spirit: Believe workforce works closely and motivated towards common goals and grow beyond themselves every day. Become part of a dynamic company that aims to make a big impact in the music industry!
Are you interested in becoming Believe’s new A&R Manager? Great! Please apply via this link.
Research shows that while some candidates feel confident enough to apply when they meet +/- 60% of the requirements, other candidates only apply when they almost tick every box. So if this role feels like the right match, but you’re not sure about the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.