As the Audience Research and Insights Manager at Spinnin’ Records, you will focus on gaining a deep understanding of music audiences. Your primary goal will be to provide valuable, data–driven insights into music listeners and content consumers to inform business strategies, channel development, marketing campaigns and overall decision–making processes. Ultimately, you will play a crucial role in ensuring Spinnin’ Records remains fan/listener centric and stays ahead of the competition by offering the label a comprehensive understanding of audience preferences, trends and behaviours.
- Data Analysis: Utilizing analytical insights tools and techniques to process and interpret large datasets, identifying actionable insights that support strategic decision–making.
- Fan–listener Profiling: Create detailed fan/listener profiles and segments based on demographics, behaviours and motivations to tailor marketing and content strategies, as well as to inform A&R strategies.
- Trend Identification: Identify and forecast emerging cultural trends that can influence consumer and fan/listener demands and expectations.
- Marketing Strategy: Assist marketing teams in creating targeted and effective campaigns by understanding fan/listener insights and preferences.
- Marketing Research: Conduct comprehensive market research to understand fan/listener needs, preferences and expectations. This includes competitor analyses, industry trends and market dynamics.
- Data Visualization: Present data in a visually compelling manner to communicate insights effectively to stakeholders across the label.
- Continuous Monitoring: Keep track of evolving fan/listener behaviours and market trends, ensuring Spinnin’ Records remains proactive in responding to cultural changes.
- Cross–functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments such as product, marketing, streaming, A&R, socials and creator/influencer teams – to ensure audience insights are integrated into all aspects of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Several years previous experience in a similar role in audience and social intelligence
- An appreciation and understanding on how data and analytics can be used for decision-making
- Proven experience working in a complex environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and analytical approach with very strong attention to details
- Strong planning and co–ordination skills, with the ability to manage multiple time–sensitive tasks & prioritise effectively
- Creative flair and existing knowledge of cultural trends (preferably in the music industry)
- A relatively strong understanding of the current music landscape, including streaming, VOD, short–form and long–form content
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral)
- Dynamic and hard–working individual with an in-depth understanding of the ever–changing social media industry and internet culture
- Strategic and creative thinker who can comfortably switch between short, medium & long–term planning
- Must have: a strong passion for new music, emerging artists and current popular culture
- Strong internet research skills
- Familiarity with all video/social media platforms and a strong knowledge of how to best navigate them
- Fluent in English (written, spoken)
What Spinnin’ Records offers:
- A good compensation including plenty of secondary benefits;
- Space for diversity and innovation;
- An open, collaborative culture with training and development opportunities;
- Travel allowance, a hybrid work-model and working from abroad;
- Great team activities, festivals, and legendary parties;
- 24 vacation days + extra, seasonal days off.
Research shows that while some candidates feel confident enough to apply when they meet +/- 60% of the requirements, other candidates only apply when they almost tick every box. So if this role feels like the right match, but you’re not sure about the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.