For our client, an influential booking agency with a roster of A-list artists, we are looking for a Senior Agent Asia. As a Senior Agent, you will be responsible for properly representing the company and artists, relationship management and generating revenue from bookings in the Asian market. This position requires relocation (in time) to a central hub in Asia.
Do you have extensive sales experience and a good network in the international music industry? Are you entrepreneurial, and do you want to venture into the Asian market? Then read on!
About the position:
- You carry out independent acquisition with regard to initiating, negotiating, following up and handling sufficient requests and bookings
- You will be required to actually and proactively set up tours in Asia for our artists
- You represent the agency by visiting shows, festivals and (networking) events and are responsible for maintaining and expanding customer relations
- You are always looking for new artists/acts with great future potential to add to the roster
- You’re the first point of contact for artists, management, clients and other (internal) stakeholders in the Asian market
- You keep the booking system up-to-date with regard to client and booking data
- You discuss the availability of the artists, while monitoring artists’ schedules in consultation with fellow agents.
- You draw up annual plans and ensure that they are implemented
- You monitor the brand identity of both artists and the agency
- You lead appointments/meetings with artists, management and promoters
- You monitor the progress of projects
- You are closely involved in process optimisation, sparring with agents/management and looking after the interests of the sales department
- You keep an overview regarding agents/artists/shows and are on top of what’s going on in the region, at all times
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- You speak and write flawless English. Speaking an Asian language is definitely a plus, but not a requirement
- You have relevant affinity with the electronic music genre
- You have demonstrable work experience in music/entertainment, with an appropriate international network of promoters at festivals and venues.
- You have demonstrable work experience in a commercial role, preferably in a proactive sales role
- You are collegial, proactive, representative, commercial
- You are flexible and willing to travel often
- You live in Asia, or you are willing to relocate to a central hub in this continent (Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.)
This is an influential role with a global, leading, booking agency for a candidate with an entrepreneurial and adventurous nature.
What the company offers:
Besides a suitable salary with good fringe benefits (including an attractive bonus scheme), you will get the – unique – opportunity to become the face of this booking agency in the Asian market.
Contact our consultant Pieter Wolter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also take a look at The Music Recruiters’ other vacancies. Want to see the latest vacancies coming by in your timeline every day? Then follow us on Instagram (@themusicrecruiters), Facebook and/or LinkedIn.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.