We are looking for an A&R Manager for our client Believe Music in Berlin, Germany, for their Artist Service Development Department. Believe is one of the world’s leading music digital distributors and service providers for artists and labels. With more than 1000 employees, the company has 45 locations in key music markets. By using the best distribution and marketing services, Believe enables artists and labels to market their music in an optimal, transparent and fair way. The Believe Deutschland Group includes Groove Attack, Rough Trade Distribution, Soulfood Music, and Nuclear Blast with over 200 employees.
Are you an exceptional and charismatic individual that has the talent to discover the next great talent? Do you have a large network in the music industry and will you do whatever it takes to close the deal? Then this might be the job for you!
About the position
- As Artist & Repertoire Manager you will fulfill a key position within the A&R Management of Believe’s Pop/EDM/Indie portfolio (the division will ultimately be 50% Pop, and +/- 25% EDM/Indie)
- You will maintain and extend your existing network of music industry professionals, identify key drivers of musical trends and always be on the lookout for the best commercial talent to eventually sign to Believe Music
- You are the primary contact person of the artists in your portfolio and together with other stakeholders (such as management) you advise, support, and guide them in their career
- Together with Believe’s scouts, you will identify up-and-coming talents via all relevant channels and receive the necessary tools to bind them to the company
- You will be a delegate for Believe at the most important music industry gatherings (Reeperbahn, ESNS, etc.)
- You will conduct transparent and fair contract negotiations with artists & labels, which includes the increase in value for both sides you will make sure that commercial deals for artists from the EDM, Pop, and Indie sectors are optimized
- You will work with different internal teams to support and supervise the artists in their career in the best possible way
- With your vision, you will not only occupy a key position in the Believe portfolio, but you will also play a decisive role in shaping the entire Believe portfolio
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role at a label, publisher, management agency, or other relevant organization within the music industry
- Your years of experience working with artists and labels are reflected in the scope and quality of your digital and actual network: you are strongly connected in the scenes, recognize and evaluate cultural changes and their impact on the relevant markets; always keep your finger on the pulse to make the next musical discovery for Believe
- You’re a very strong communicator and an incredible networker
- You are cosmopolitan, have a modern mindset and are always up-to-date about the latest trends in music
- You’re a charismatic and likable person, you know how to build up a relationship with people and how to eventually close a deal
- You’re a matchmaker: you know what Believe needs to extend the portfolio and you’re able to identify potential success in a track: you know how to find the rough diamond in the dirt
- You’re willing to be working in the nights and the weekends (to visit concerts and (networking) events) and to travel for work
- You speak fluent German and English
- You live in Berlin or Hamburg, or are willing to move to one of these locations
About the company
You will be working in a young team of six professionals (Project Managers, Trade Marketeers, Digital Marketeers and other specialists), at one of the most exciting and modern music companies in the world. People at Believe share the mindset that they want to achieve as much as they can in the dynamic and creative working environment they are part of. Short decision making processes and room for own ideas are important to the company. Believe stands for top-notch service, fairness, and transparency and expresses this in their cooperation with artists, partners and employees at every level.
Believe offers good primary and secondary employment terms. A good salary indication (depending on age, experience and network), 30 holidays (including Christmas and NYE). The Believe office is located in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg, not far from the river Spree. Easy to reach by bike, bus or train. Every day a healthy lunch and free coffee are served. The ideal starting date for this position is the 1st of September, but this can be discussed.
Are you interested in this position? Please send your current cv and a short motivation to Pieter Wolter via email@example.com.