Sizzer Amsterdam is on the lookout for an entrepreneurial VAULT Manager // Business Developer to develop and extend the services tied to Sizzer’s music catalog, called ‘VAULT’.
SIZZER is an independent music agency, helping brands tell powerful, authentic stories with music. Working closely with their clients, and a curated global network of artists, they strategize, produce, find, and license the best music – the kind that connects with audiences, moves people, and contributes to culture. Sizzer’s goal is to work with people that make them happy, that dare to embrace the unknown, and thrive on a bit of chaos where creativity flourishes.
VAULT is a ready to use collection of high-quality music tracks, manually curated for moving images by Sizzer’s researchers. Cleared upfront, customizable to any request and presented on picture to service short term requests within 24 hours from briefing to license. With this service, Sizzer brings its clients quality, creative music – in an instant.
About the job:
You will be responsible for the commercial & product development VAULT. As the face of the service, you will build up and maintain contacts with clients such as advertising agencies and music supervisors. You’ll respond to briefings, pro-actively scout new opportunities and generate revenue from the music that VAULT has to offer. On top of this, you’ll come up with ideas to further establish the revenue stream and iterate the VAULT service to perfection. In all this, you will be backed by a strong creative team of producers and coordinators that work for the bespoke service department of the company.
The role comes down to three pillars:
- Business development. As the owner of the service, you’ll network and will be reaching out to new prospects on a daily basis. Business development at Sizzer is a special breed since you are representing a top creative company. The way you perform your sales needs to be in line.
- Entrepreneurship. It’s an entrepreneurial role where you will develop the service to its full potential. You’re continuously looking for product development of the catalog, to improve quality and to optimize workflows.
- Music Supervision. You work closely together with a team of researchers to create the best set of options for your clients, therefore representing the vault in the best way possible. It’s all about maintaining a high quality and service-level.
So what is it really that you do? To create the best service and place it in a competitive market, you’ll create opportunities, you’ll network, close deals, strategize and develop the service to be the best in the market. This is a highly influential role within this company for an outgoing and remarkable person with a strong commercial radar and huge knowledge of (the power of) music.
- You have a couple of years’ experience with sales in a similar position. Preferably in the advertising industry OR you surprise us with other relevant experience and a strong commercial radar that makes you great for this position
- You have some experience in product/service development or have a strong motivation to gain this experience and add value from day one
- You have a degree on a higher education level (hbo/wo)
- You’re fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You have a passion for music that goes (way) beyond listening to the radio or a moods playlist: you either occasionally rock the stage as a DJ, need to move to a bigger house due to your vinyl collection, or maybe you know how Bowie and Iggy became friends
- You can handle (a healthy dose of) stress and can work even better under pressure
- You’re ambitious and have a passion to make it BIG
- Besides your love for music, you should have a keen interest in film as well. Add in some interest in advertising and you’re golden
- Finally, you’re willing to travel frequently and love being on the road
What the company offers:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, internationally operating music agency
- Lots of room for personal growth and development
- An amazing office in the center of Amsterdam
- A young, open-minded, and creative team
- A full-time contract with a compelling, performance-based salary
Great! Please apply before Sunday May 29th via this link and we’ll get back to you asap. An assessment and reference check might be part of the selection process.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.
Also take a look at the other vacancies at The Music Recruiters. Would you like to see the latest vacancies pass by in your timeline every day? Follow us on Instagram (@themusicrecruiters), Facebook en/of LinkedIn.