For Sizzer we’re currently looking for a Senior Music Producer. As a Senior Music Producer you’re in charge of the creative process of the music & sound productions we create for our clients. This is a key position within the company that offers the opportunity to put your stamp on the output that is created for Sizzer’s clients and to produce content that is seen by millions around the world.
Sizzer is an award-winning, international music agency and production company with offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. Sizzer collaborates with brands, agencies, and directors to create music and sound concepts for moving images. In doing so, the company strives to be the go-to partner for the most creative and ground-breaking musical stories being told. Sizzer’s goal is to work with people that make them happy, that dare to embrace the unknown and thrive on a bit of chaos where creativity flourishes. Sometimes these people represent brands like Heineken, Diesel, Mercedes, or Chanel.
About the role:
- You’ll oversee the creative process of the music productions that are assigned to you. From briefing to final edit: you’ll manage the production
- With the musical vocabulary you possess, you’ll decipher client briefings and translate them into musical ideas for our composers. You’ll give them a proper musical briefing with your ideas to make the video come to life with great music
- You’ll keep track of the progress of the productions that are assigned to you and always make sure that all – impossibly tight – deadlines are met and every composer is on the top of his or her game
- You’re the guardian angel of the quality our company is known for and make sure that everything we produce meets the highest standards
- You’ll edit music productions under the video’s we’re working on and make sure that the optimal impact is made. Wrong groove, chord progression or harmony? You’ll instruct the composer to fix this or lay down a better groove yourself
- You’ll sometimes represent Sizzer at events, (industry) drinks and parties
Who you are:
- Several years’ experience as a music producer – with proven experience with productions for moving images – is a must for this role
- You’re available for a full-time (plus) job
- You have a broad technical knowledge of music production and are highly proficient in at least 1 DAW. You have a proper understanding of basic plugins
- Since a great deal of the job will include handling tight deadlines, working with eccentric composers and deciphering client feedback, you’ll possess nerves of steel
- You have a good understanding of music in general. You understand what instruments are used in songs, you know common chord progressions, you have a good ear for melodies, and the ability to dive into certain genres / cultures to understand musical characteristics
- As a music producer you are a musician at heart. You know your way around an instrument, and maybe even jammed in a band or two
- Besides your love for music, you should have a keen interest in film as well. Add in a passion for advertising and you’re golden
Sizzer adds: It’s possible you graduated cum-laude from a conservatory, but you could have also learned the ropes during your world-tours, trashing dressing rooms and forgetting setlists. You might be all punk on the outside, but on the inside, we expect you to run like clockwork. In other words, we already expect a certain level of knowledge and skills to be present. But don’t be disheartened. We find character, talent, and attitude equally as important!
Sizzer offers you:
The chance to be part of a fast-paced, internationally operating music agency that holds a great reputation in the markets they are active in. Next to a primary salary and other competitive terms, Sizzer offers a working environment where music is always close (and sometimes a bit too loud). In their words: ‘Music’ is not just a business to us – we are a group of misfits with strong ideas and opinions about the broader cultural context in which we operate.
Great! Please apply via this link and we’ll get back to you asap. An assessment and reference check might be part of the selection process. Don’t forget to include your portfolio and resume with your application. Also, please let us know which 5 albums you’d bring to a deserted island!
Also take a look at the other vacancies at The Music Recruiters. Would you like to see the latest vacancies pass by in your timeline every day? Follow us on Instagram (@themusicrecruiters), Facebook en/of LinkedIn.