For our client Frills, an artist agency for electronic music artists based in Berlin, we’re looking for a Manager Recorded Music. Frills primary focus is artist development. They help to shape artist profiles, aim to inspire artists with their creativity, network, and expertise. The people at Frills combine a high level of knowledge and experience in all fields of the music business but with a strong understanding of the needs of the underground scene. Their artist roster includes artists such as Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Somewhen, Butch, Parallx, Rikhter and more.
As a Manager Recorded Music you take care of almost every aspect of the record labels of Frills’ artists: product management, production, administration of the complete release process, marketing & PR etc. You also create and oversee release schedules, coordinate with third party labels and are the contact person for everything related to releases.
About the job:
- Responsibility for almost every aspect of the record labels of our artists, including product management, production, administration of the complete release process, marketing & pr, licensing, contracting, budgeting etc.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, administrate and execute music release projects from contracting and receipt of the pre-masters to set-up and delivery of the parts, metadata, and finished product for distribution
- Create and oversee release schedules, timelines and budget plans, create licensing contracts, coordinate the manufacturing of physical records, order graphic design assets, royalty accounting, licensing, etc.
- Coordinate the record releases of artists on third-party labels from contracting to release date. Work closely with partner labels and be the contact person from the artist management side
- Manage all associated release administration (generating ISRC codes, label copy, metadata, royalty statements, music registration at collecting societies like GEMA, etc.)
- Administration of all music-related platforms, such as Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Discogs, etc.
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues, partners and service providers (marketing, finance, distribution, legal, distribution, publishing, pressing plants, neighbouring rights agencies, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, copywriters, etc.)
- Regular contact with our artists, consulting our artists on any recorded music business matters
- Monitor and analyse data from multiple sources, and create reports
- Some years of work experience in a role as a label manager or similar position at a record label, music distributor, or similar and a proven track record of successful work results
- Demonstrable knowledge in managing music releases from signing to release, royalty accounting, music licensing, collecting societies (GEMA, GVL, PPL, PRS…) and so on
- Affinity with House and Techno, love for the music and culture, strong understanding of the international artist, media, club and festival landscape
- A deep understanding of the music business, in-depth knowledge in managing and administrating digital and physical music releases, expertise in music marketing, music publishing, licensing, mechanical rights management, etc.
- Structured and strong organisational skills, a hands-on mentality, multi-tasking capability to plan and manage multiple projects under pressure simultaneously with solid attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good – and preferably international – network of contacts in the electronic music scene (industry, artists, labels, promoters, media, etc.) is helpful
- Experience with office software (Microsoft/Google), project management tools, record label management and royalty accounting software
- Excellent communication in English. German is a plus
- You love to work, you know how to party
About the company:
This position offers many career opportunities in music marketing and artist management. Frills is a young company with the intention to grow over the next few years. They are building a growing roster of artists across the spectrum of electronic music and are looking for a dedicated and hardworking individual who will become an essential part of the company and share their desire to shape the future of electronic music and culture.
Frills offers a desk in a beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, well equipped with free fruits, sweets, snacks, coffee and beer, and the chance to make a significant contribution as part of a dedicated and growing team. Other subsidised employee benefits include gym memberships, an office lunch service, company bicycles, development of the skills of their crew members through professional training programmes, a company mobile phone and notebook that you can use for private purposes, and more.
Place of work: Berlin-Kreuzberg (no remote work). This job is a full-time permanent position, not a freelancer position.
Please apply through this link.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.
Also take a look at the other vacancies at The Music Recruiters. Would you like to see the latest vacancies pass by in your timeline every day? Follow us on Instagram (@themusicrecruiters) and/or LinkedIn.