For Spinnin’ Records, we are looking for an experienced A&R-Creative Manager to join their team in Hilversum. Spinnin’ Records is one of the world’s leading dance music label, with artists such as Alok, KSHMR, Mike Williams, Lucas & Steve, Gabry ponte, Lum!x and many more on its roster. They specialize in electronic music and manage the largest online dance community in the world with more than 12 million followers on social media. In addition, they have their own Youtube channel with Spinnin’ tv, counting more than 29 million subscribers and over 18 billion views. They are a fast-growing, international company and offer you a unique opportunity to be a part of their journey and join their team in the Netherlands, or remotely.
Do you have a keen ear for dance music, the ability to scout new talents and develop successful artists and releases? Continue reading!
About the role:
You will be working with the Head of A&R to support the creative needs of their roster & external artists – including sessions, sourcing co-writers, top-lines and features – as well as expanding their A&R network with artists, publishers and managers. You will also have the opportunity to develop and nurture relationships with some of the best electronic and dance artists/musicians in the world, and discover and present new artists to sign to the roster.
- Working with the Head of A&R in liaising day to day with new and existing artists
- Maintaining monthly roster check-in (virtual, in-person)
- Scouting new talent by targeting new and established artists and suggesting signings
- Procuring top line vocals on singles in conjunction with roster, label teams and Head of A&R
- Develop and maintain relationships with A&R teams on global level with Publishers & Song brokers & managers
- Providing technical and critical feedback on music
- Organising writing sessions and writing camps and facilitating collaborations between label and publishing artists
- Preparing song/creative contribution for participation in label A&R meetings
- Identifying and nurturing musicians from all backgrounds, increasing the diversity of their publishing (and label) family
- Signing new artists and songwriters
- Organising and contributing to writing camps
- Commissioning music for Spinnin’s Library and Production Music catalogue and music for sync
- Commissioning covers from Spinnin’s roster of third-party heritage catalogue for sync (e.g. trailers, TV and film)
- A couple of years experience working in a similar role in the music industry (publisher, record label, management company, etc.) with proven success in that role
- A track record for discovering and nurturing new writers and artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including songwriters, managers, labels, lawyers, and producers is a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills
- Strong interest in music – especially dance, electronic– and an openness towards all musical genres
- The ability to critically listen to music and provide an opinion and feedback along the way
- Track record of strong attention to detail, and organisation and prioritization skills
- An outgoing personality and passion for meeting new people, with great communication skills and high level of written and spoken English and presentation skills a plus
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs suite
- Proactive self-starter with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments;
- Proactive attitude with a sharp and positive mentality
This is a highly influential role in which you get the opportunity to shape the listening behaviour of millions fans of electronic music worldwide.
What Spinnin’ offers:
- A good primary salary and attractive secondary benefits, including a pension, a hybrid work model and working from abroad for 20 days per year (‘Go Visit’)
- An open, collaborative culture with training and development opportunities
- Great team activities and legendary parties such as Spinnin’ Sessions during ADE
- 24 vacation days + extra days off (the company closes between Christmas and NYE)
Please apply via this link.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. If you feel like any specific adjustments need to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.
Also take a look at the other vacancies at The Music Recruiters. Would you like to see the latest vacancies pass by in your timeline every day? Follow us on Instagram (@themusicrecruiters) and/or LinkedIn.